GSA is working closely with the RACS as well as all Departments of Health, peak medical bodies, hospitals, and practitioners to monitor the COVID-19 situation, make appropriate recommendations, and provide support for our Members, Trainees, International Medical Graduates, and staff.
Our priority is your health and safety, and maintaining a medical workforce that can service our patients and wider community.
COVID-19 Guidelines for General Surgery
Please click here to download COVID-19 Guidelines for General Surgery developed by General Surgeons Australia and the RACS Australian Board in General Surgery.
Further Information & Position Statements:
- Considerations for Australian Endoscopy Units During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CSSANZ recommendations during COVID-19 pandemic
- ANZES Executive Position Statement: Endocrine Surgery during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 and pregnant health care workers
- Medical Colleges call for urgent freeze to all non-critical elective surgery
- Suspension of 2020 Selection Process for 2021 Intake
Please refer to the RACS Coronavirus Information Hub for daily updates.