Information for Surgical Supervisors
Please click here to access the Position Description for Surgical Supervisors.
Surgical supervision is an integral part of our profession, and reflects our culture of commitment to quality training. These guidelines are designed to support Fellows in their endeavour as a Supervisor; we hope that you will find your role both personally and professionally rewarding.
The purpose of these guidelines is to provide Supervisors with:
- an overview of the governance and reporting structure
- a comprehensive manual that covers all aspects of the General Surgery Training Program including regulations and policies
- an explanation of each component of the training program
- a detailed explanation on undertaking both formative and summative assessments
- an overview of the curriculum and how supervisors can use this to guide training
- guidelines on how to manage the underperforming Trainee
- an explanation on the hospital accreditation process
- templates that are available and where to find them
- details on where to seek assistance
To download the guide please click here.
Fellowship Examination Support Guide
The Board in General Surgery requires that a Trainee seeking approval to present for the Fellowship Examination must provide a letter of support from their current clinical supervisor. Trainees are required to provide a letter of support before every attempt.
A Fellowship Examination Support Guide has been prepared to assist you in evaluating a trainee’s readiness to present for the Examination.