SA/NT Training Committee - Virtual Registrar’s Paper Day
Abstract Submission Deadline
9 November 2020 at 11:59pm.
Abstract Submission Fee
Click here to register and pay the abstract submission fee.
- Audience Member (no abstract) = $Free of Charge
- Abstract Submission Administration Fee = $35 (inc GST)*
- Presentation Fee = $55 (inc GST) - selected presenters to be invoiced separately
* Multiple abstracts can be submitted for the one-off administration fee of $35
Abstract submission has now closed.
Abstracts will be considered from the following:
- SET Program in General Surgery Trainees in Australia
- Specialist International Medical Graduates in General Surgery in Australia
- GSA Junior Doctor Members (doctor registered in Australia, from and including internship)
Note: You must register and pay the abstract submission administration fee, prior to submitting your abstract/s.
Guidelines for Abstracts
- Scientific papers submitted for consideration should have relevance to the broad discipline of General Surgery and its related subspecialties (Colorectal, HPB, Upper Gastrointestinal, Breast/Endocrine, Rural Surgery, Trauma, Transplantation, and Surgical Oncology).
- Case reports will not be accepted.
- The abstract must not exceed 200 words.
- All abstracts must be typed, single spaced with a clear typeface.
- Titles should be in capitals and underlined, and placed at the top of the abstract.
- All authors names should be included and typed in capitals, with the name of the presenter indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Degrees and positions in departments should not be included, but the origin of the work should be stated.
- All abstracts should include the institution(s) where the research activity was conducted.
- The abstract should be organised as follows:
(a) Purpose of study
(b) Brief statement of methods
(c) Summary of the results adequate to support conclusions
- The abstract must be clear and brief. Statements should, in general, be impersonal and the first person “I” and “We” avoided.
- 9 November 2020 at 11:59pm - Closing date for abstracts
- 25 November 2020 - Notification of acceptance
- 4 December 2020 (midday) - copy of Presentation to be sent to the GSA South Australian office via email
- Abstracts to be submitted online via the GSA website.
- Presenter’s details should be listed as follows:
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Contact telephone number (work and mobile)
- Email address
- Member type (SET, SIMG, JDOC, Other)
Abstracts Selected for Presentation
- Selected abstracts will be presented at the Virtual Registrar's Paper Day as a PowerPoint presentation, via a fully hosted Zoom webinar platform.
- Presentations should be no longer than 5 minutes followed by 2 minutes allocated for questions.
- Questions will be asked live by panel members and audience members, and also via the Zoom Q&A function.
- Selected presenters will be we be issued a Tax Invoice for the Presentation Fee, upon acceptance of selection.
- Selected presenters will be required to attend a technical rehearsal in the week of 30 November 2020, to test audio and video settings and run through the Zoom webinar functionality.
- Final presentations will need to be submitted to the GSA South Australian office by midday on 4 December 2020.
- If you have video clips inserted into your presentation, please ensure that you supply the video file as well as the PowerPoint file, as movies are not embedded within the PowerPoint file.
Please contact Karen Clark for all enquiries regarding abstract submission and registration to the event:
T +61 8 8274 3791