2024 SA/NT Training Committee
Virtual Registrar's Paper Day
This important event is open to Australian General Surgery Trainees and SIMGs, GSA Junior Doctor members, Fellows, and Consultants, and is a great platform to deliver research projects in an online peer group forum.
The event will be held via a fully hosted Zoom webinar, with presenters able to address live questions from the panel of judges and the audience.
Scientific papers submitted for consideration should have relevance to the broad discipline of General Surgery and its related subspecialties (Colorectal, HPB, Upper Gastrointestinal, Breast/Endocrine, Rural Surgery, Trauma, Transplantation, and Surgical Oncology). Please note that case reports will not be accepted.
Saturday 3 February 2024
Log-in details will be provided to presenters and audience members closer to the event.
10:00am - 14:00pm (ACDT) / 09:30am - 13:30pm (AEDT)
- 10 January 2024 at 11:59pm (ACDT) - Closing date for abstracts
- 22 January 2024 - Notification of acceptance
- 1 February 2024 (midday) - copy of Presentation to be sent to the GSA office via email
Register now to attend and support research in the General Surgical community.
- Audience Member (no abstract) = Free of Charge
- Abstract Submission = Free of Charge (maximum of two (2) abstracts*)
- Presentation Fee = $180 inc GST (selected presenters will be invoiced)
- Quick-Shot Poster Presentation Fee = $130 inc GST (selected presenters will be invoiced)
*If the maximum number of abstracts is exceeded, the Review Committee will only consider two (2) abstracts, which will be reviewed based on the date of submission.
Please click here to proceed to online registration.
Abstract Submission & Eligibility
Abstracts will be considered from the following:
- Australian General Surgery Trainees
- Specialist International Medical Graduates in General Surgery
- GSA Junior Doctor Members (doctor with full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency)
Please click here to submit your abstract. Abstracts close 10 January 2024.
Note: Selected presenters will be required to pay the registration fee of $180 inc. GST (podium) or $130 inc. GST (quick-shot poster) , prior to presenting at the event.
For further information please contact:
P 03 9249 1262
E [email protected]