RESEARCH: WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network (WACPCN) Cancer Fellowships 2020 - Open!
Posted: 16th of April, 2019
The Department Health is pleased to announce the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network (WACPCN) Cancer Fellowships is now open for applications for the 2020 Round.
The Department of Health established the WACPN Cancer Fellowships to assist medical practitioners to expand their experience and skills that will ultimately lead to improved health outcomes for cancer patients. Specifically to:
1. Develop their research capability and facilitate high quality research; and
2. To acquire specialised clinical skills that cannot be funded through the usual clinical pathways.
Funding is provided over a 12 month period in accordance with registrar year 1 to senior registrar year 2 rates as per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016.
Applications will be assessed on:
1. Significance of the proposed training and/or research to cancer care and control in WA including potential for implementation and health gain.
2. Quality of training and/or research plan;
3. Expertise and capacity of the Fellow to undertake the training and/or research and for the Supervisor to provide mentorship.
The Department of Health’s closing date for applications is 1:00pm, Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
• WACPCN Guidelines for Applicants 2020 is available online at the WACPCN Cancer Fellowships website.
• Applications must be submitted through MedJobsWA.
• For advice on submitting applications contact the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network Policy Unit by email
Please click here for further information.Back