Harvard Medical School
Posted: 19th of July, 2019
Applications are now open for Harvard Medical School's Surgical Ledership Program.
The Surgical Leadership Program is the Harvard Medical School postgraduate certificate program for surgeons seeking to step into and succeed in leadership positions, and acquire the skills needed to excel as heads of departments, divisions, projects and institutions at large.
Participants learn directly from Harvard’s leading faculty across all areas influencing surgical leadership, including communication, mentoring, process and quality improvement, change management, financial management and surgical research and technique.
This course provides intensive education for surgeons to build the nontechnical executive skills necessary to successfully lead departments, divisions, programs and ultimately, organisations. Drawing from best practices across Harvard Medical School, its major teaching hospitals, as well as the Harvard Business School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Harvard Kennedy School of Government, this program offers you the opportunity to:
- Learn strategies and best practices for leadership within and outside the operating room
- Identify your personal brand, leadership style(s) and competencies
- Write business plans and grant applications
- Enhance your expertise in quality, safety and informatics
- Understand the legal and commercial aspects of innovation in surgery
- Build and manage highly productive teams
- Drive better patient outcomes through enhanced teamwork in the operating room
- Become a more effective negotiator and advocate for your patients, teams, departments and projects
- Manage change across organizational functions
- Update your understanding of new surgical technologies and techniques
Participants who achieve the program objectives are awarded a Harvard Medical School Certificate of Completion and are eligible to become Associate Members of the Harvard Medical School and Harvard University Alumni Associations.
- Early Application Deadline: July 8, 2019
- Scholarship Deadline: July 8, 2019
- Application Closing Date: July 31, 2019