Royal Adelaide Hospital
Location: Port Road, Adelaide SA
- Breast position is pre-allocated to other programs, however this does not happen every year.
- Minimal access Oesophagectomies- between 12-15/year
- Gastric resections - Cancers - GIST
- Minimally invasive bariatric surgery - 25-40/year
- Antireflux surgery- between 40 – 60/year
- Emergency general surgery and UGI on call
- One post is full time and pre-allocated to other program however this doesn't happen every year. The other post is a part-funded, part time research position.
- HPB Position is pre-allocated to other programs, however this does not happen every year.
- Fellow position is Trauma/ASU.
No. of Fellow Positions
1 x Breast/Endocrine – position filled for 2021. Available in 2022 via BreastSurg ANZ
1 x UGI – position filled for 2022. Available in 2023
1 x HPB – position via ANZHPBA. Position filled for 2022. Available in 2023.
1 x Trauma – position available in 2021
2 x Colorectal –
1 x post – position filled in 2022 (via CSSANZ). Available in 2023.
1 x post – part-time clinical part time research position – available in 2022.
Positions Currently Allocated
Dr Janne Bingham
Dr Harsh Kanhere
Dr Michelle Thomas
Mr Paul Dolan
Mr Chris Dobbins