2019 Selection for 2020 Intake
PFET Program in Transplantation Surgery
The annual Selection process for the PFET Program in Transplantation Surgery will be governed by Selection Regulations.
Click here to download the 2019 Selection Guidelines for application to the PFET Program in Transplantation Surgery.
|Selection opens:||Tuesday 5 February 2019 12:00pm (AEDST)|
|Selection closes:||Tuesday 5 March 2019 12:00pm (AEDST)|
|Referee Reports sent out:||Monday 11 March 2019|
|Referee Reports due back:||Friday 22 March 2019|
|Notification of Interviews:||Monday 1 April 2019|
|Interviews:||Friday 31 May 2019 (Melbourne)|
Selection Application Form
The 2019 Selection Application process for the PFET Program in Transplantation Surgery is now closed.
Application and Eligibility
The Post Fellowship Education & Training (PFET) Program in Transplantation Surgery is open:
- to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery, Urology, or Vascular Surgery; or
- to trainees who have successfully completed the RACS Fellowship Examination in the above listed specialties; or
- to trainees who have enrolled for the May sitting of the RACS Fellowship Examination in the above listed specialties, in the year of application.
Applicants will be interviewed on Friday 31 May 2019 in Melbourne. Applications will be considered by the GSA Transplant Training Committee.
Selection of candidates into the PFET Program in Transplantation Surgery will be determined by the following selection tools:
- Curriculum Vitae 30%
- Referees Reports 30%
- Interview 40%
The number of offers will be dependent on the availability of accredited positions and may depend on transplant positions becoming available.
Applicants should download the Selection Application Instructions & Payment Form.
All applications must include the following:
- Completed Selection Application form with all relevant attachments
- Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery, Urology, or Vascular Surgery
- Evidence of enrolment for the May sitting of the RACS Fellowship Examination in General Surgery, Urology, or Vascular Surgery
- Proof of current and valid medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA). Australian applicants must have general (unconditional) registration. New Zealand applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in the relevant specialty.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand
- Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Payment of the $440 (inc. GST) registration fee is required prior to applications being considered
During scoring of an application, points will be awarded for the following:
- Experience in General Surgery, Urology, and/or Vascular Surgery
- Experience in Transplantation Surgery
- Higher Degree
- Publications – quality of journals
- Presentations at national or international meetings
- Administrative involvement and organisation skills
- Other activities – leadership qualities
Only shortlisted candidates will be required for the interview.
As per Section 6.2. of the Selection Regulations:
- Applicants must score a combined total score from the CV and Referee Reports of 70% or above to be eligible to proceed to the interview stage.
For all Selection queries, please contact:
Executive Officer - PFET
P +61 8 8274 3791