Sentinel Node Biopsy
From Guidelines to Practice
Melanoma Institute Australia is pleased to announce the release of their new online education program for surgeons on sentinel node biopsy (SNB) in melanoma.
Sentinel Node Biopsy: From guidelines to practice is a 5-hour deep-dive interactive learning module featuring leading multidisciplinary experts discussing our latest understanding of SNB in melanoma and what is involved to provide practical technical advice to improve surgical techniques. This free online learning module is accredited through the RACS CPD program and it suitable for all surgeons involved in melanoma management.
The program covers:
- When to recommend a SNB
- Pragmatic challenges of SNB
- Lymphatic mapping overview
- Surgical procurement of sentinel nodes, featuring case studies and surgical videos on SNB procedures in the parotid, neck, axilla, groin and special areas of lymphatic drainage
- Pathological assessment of sentinel nodes
- Practice points and key messages.